IFA's mission is to help change the face of India by becoming a catalyst in the economic self-sufficiency and empowerment of the underprivileged segments of Indian society.
- We find that despite impressive gains in agriculture, education and technology, a large segment of the Indian people remain mired in abject poverty and oppressive exploitation
- We believe that improving the lot of these vast Indian masses is essential to the overall prosperity and peace of the sub-continent
- We recognize that while gains from above may trickle down, lasting and equitable progress can occur if people take charge and become active participants in their own destiny.
- We understand that education and community building, starting with women and children, has to be the cornerstone of such development.
- We trust that as ‘NRIs’ we have a special responsibility and a unique opportunity to share in these efforts.
- We realize that in the final analysis, service is its own reward.